Monday, August 13, 2007

Advice for Cleo

Dear Cleo, You are the very picture of calm submission! I know it suits you. Indeed, even as you pose in a landscape of rim rock and red Navajo sandstone -a setting that would awaken the feral hound within most of us - you still wear your leash proudly, like an item of classical adornment. I know: every once in a while, you leave me a note suggesting that you'd like for me to teach you how to display more dominance. But grrlfriend! Make peace with yourself. Accept who you are. And serve your God Frank well. And besides, anyone can see how well-fed he keeps you! Hallie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallie,

My monkey-person put me on that stoooopid leash, because humans have some kind of rule about not letting us be ourselves in public parks. How is they get to put such constraints on our basic nature???

Anyway, it's the price I'm willing to pay for three squares a day, treats, and lots of friendly scratches and hugs.

Your Beta Friend,
Cleo