Friday, December 21, 2007

Placated, For Now . . .

This is an open letter to the monkey-person known as "Beth." Thank you for clarifying your earlier remarks about my breeding (although I was singularly unimpressed by your "hearsay" argument). As your Pack Leader, I take my responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of my office seriously. As a subordinate, it is simply not your place to question the origins and nature of my Majesty. True, I mentioned my "war within" in a moment of weakness; I shall be more discrete in the future. Still, you would have been wiser not to have brought it up. All of which is to say, despite your apologia, I will be keeping a close eye on you. You are obviously a candidate for seditious activity. Finally, although I find it mildly gratifying that you identify so closely with me, there is a surer way to get out of my doghouse: meat. Lots and lots of meat. And the sooner the better!

One last thought for my Anonymous language pundit (see "Still Rankled"): BITE ME. That should give me all the legal cover I need to really bite you. Hard.

Hallie

No comments: