Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Rolled in Deer Poop

While sniffing and tracking in the park yesterday, I detected a trail that deer had used only recently. Then I got a lucky break: fresh deer poop. After carefully analyzing it, I did what any responsible and, to my way of thinking, generous Pack Leader would do: I rolled around on it - especially the top of my head - then ran back to the monkey-people in my party to let them get an informative whiff of our mission objective for that day. To my surprise, instead of displaying curiosity or licking my mouth in gratitude, they lepy away and made these terrible yelping sounds. I continued to offer the top of my head to them for a few minutes, but I finally just had to give up. Talk about leading a horse to water! Man, that's the last time I share scat scent with them. Unbelievable!

Hallie

No comments: