Sunday, December 2, 2007

More North Georgia Memories . . .

I almost didn't survive Athens-Clarke County, Georgia. As the story is told, I had taken an extended stroll from my first monkey-person's home, when an "Animal Control" officer apprehended me. He kindly took me back to my den, but the femme-chimp told the man she didn't want me back. I overheard the officer explaining to her that at the county prison, they only gave hounds seven days to find a new pack--or else.

This information, though, left her cold. "Go on," she said. "Go ahead and take her."

And away I went.

Then they put me back in the truck, and drove me to secluded facility out by the airfield. Prisoners from the county jail (hominids), dressed in orange jumpsuits led me to my new home: a cold, hard cell measuring three feet by five feet. I had one week left to live.

(To Be Continued . . . )

Hallie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta love the building drama....

Jen Schatz Bartlett said...

Wow, I can't wait to find out what happens! Gee...